Every year the world acknowledges June 5th as ‘World Environment Day’. This year the host nation India focuses on plastic management.
Plastics by itself are not bad. But it is our understanding of its effects on our environment and our gross mismanagement of it that has led us to face the alarming effects to our environment.
- Did you know 50% of pollutants in our ocean comes from plastic waste?
- Did you know it takes about 500 years for plastic to disintegrate (generally speaking)?
This pollutant is affecting our lives on land and air. We must do something about our misuse NOW!
Beat the Plastic Pollution
- Carry a cloth bag with you when you shop. India, the host nation is doing a good job at implementing this, yes there is scope for improvement, but good job India!
- Use a reusable water bottle as opposed to buying disposable water bottles.
- Don’t throw your plastics in the general trash. Recycle!!!! Recycle!!!! And or those not yet in the habit of throwing trash IN the garbage bin please find a recycle bin to dispose of plastics
If you can think of other ways to ‘beat the plastic pollution” please post on the comments section. We have got to work together on this.